Maddox is running.
By accident, he discovered long ago that he was adopted as a baby and his need to find his biological father has consumed him ever since. Now, on a road trip, determined to find his father and his sanity, and armed with locations and his cousin, Nixon, to help him, maybe he can find the answers he’s been searching for. With nothing but a suitcase and a wad of cash to get him there, lead after lead takes him further from home.
But he’ll find much more than he intended.
He finds Storey, a pint sized pin-up model who has learned painful lessons about guys. Her wounds run deep, but so do his. She knows what she wants, but will she recognize it when it’s right in front of her?
Maddox can’t touch anyone without feeling like his skin is crawling, but just maybe his instinct to protect this amazing girl will supersede his own hang-ups.
If he can brush her skin and start to feel alive inside...everything will change.
About the Author…
Lila Felix lives in the swamps of Louisiana with her husband and three boisterous children. She loves coffee, anything cinnamon and loves to cook. She is a big roller derby fan. When she's not writing, she's watching 80's movies, reading, and collecting duct tape.
I had the honor of interviewing Lila Felix and got the inside scoop on who she really is. I can tell you, she is awesome! Enjoy this interview and then, go out and support her books. Just FYI, I am reading Love and Skate right now and loving it.
1. Which book do you suggest I start with first? I suggest Love and Skate, it’s one of my faves.
2. Who does your book covers? With the exception of Love and Skate and How It Rolls, I do my own covers.
3. Do you have a family? Yes, My husband and I will be married 15 years in December and I have a son and two daughters.
4. What is your favorite meal? How about favorite restaurant? Favorite meal is anything breakfast. I love to go to a local place called Jamine’s on the Bayou, excellent Cajun food.
5. What is your drink of choice? Sweet tea, water, Dr. Pepper.
6. What kind of books do you like to read? I love to read YA and I used to read a lot of Amish fiction and historical fiction.
7. What would be your favorite country to visit and why? I would love to go to Costa Rica, it looks so beautiful and my husband speaks the language!
8. If you knew in advance that you were going to be stranded on a deserted island and could only take 5 things, what would those things be? Wow, only five, huh? Paper, pens, hairbands (I never ever wear my hair down), Dr. Pepper and Burt’s Bees chapstick.
9. What was your favorite thing to do in the summer as a kid? Swim, we swam all the time!
10.What are your favorite things to do for fun now? Swimming, fishing, reading, reading, reading.
11. What is your favorite kind of music? Who is your favorite artist? I like all kinds of music. Right now my favorite band is The Pretty Reckless and Miner.
12. What are two of your favorite movies? Pretty in Pink, Jane Eyre
13. Who are your favorite authors? Shelly Crane, Anne Eliot, Amity Hope, Rachel Higginson.
14. What are your hobbies/interests? I love to cook and go to roller derby bouts.
Thank you Lila for honoring me on my blog today. I can tell you that I am your newest fan!
Lila Felix Links...
Facebook Fanpage https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLilaFelix?fref=ts
Love and Skate Series Links...
Love and Skate: Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Love-Skate-Lila-Felix/dp/1481083538/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365429579&sr=8-1&keywords=love+and+skate
How It Rolls Links
How It Rolls: Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Rolls-Love-Skate-Series-ebook/dp/B00BEIBF2Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1365429676&sr=1-1&keywords=how+it+rolls
Down n’ Derby: Amazon
Blog Tour Schedule:
I Read Indie (Dream Cast)
ToBe Thode (Review)
Shelly Crane (Review)
May 10th: LeBook Squirrel (Review)
A Diary of a Book Addict (Review)
Jenna Roads (Interview)
May 11th: Britt Reads Indie (Review)
Living in Your Own World (Excerpt)
Andrea Heltsley (Review)
May 12th: Maria's Book Blog (Review)
Rain's Reading Room (Review)
Book Crazy (Excerpt)
May 13th: Love Between The Sheets ( Storey's Playlist)
Nancy Straight (Maddox & Storey's Quick 5)
May 14th: Always YA at Heart (Review)
3 Chicks and Their Books (Review)
Turn The Page (Interview/Character Post)
May 15th: Book Nerds Across America (Excerpt)
Misty Provencher (Down N Derby Playlist)
Krystal Clear Book Reviews Review)
May 16th: Into The Night Reviews (Review)
The Alternative Kryptonite (Interview)
A.M. Hargrove (Character Promo Post)